Policies Terms and Conditions
- It is the parent’s responsibility to ensure that all necessary emergency information (i.e. medical and/or special needs)
has been disclosed. We encourage parents to speak with coaches prior to the start of the program.
- We collect information about your family to provide the best and most appropriate care for your child.
- All personal family information is processed and stored in a secure database with access controls.
- We use this information for statistical analysis to develop programs required for the future.
- We do not sell or rent your family information to any person or organization. Information is only given to those directly involved in providing a service to your child, or as required by law. Forms are destroyed at the end of each season.
- We retain your information to enable us to communicate with you if we have new information that may be of interest to you.
ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL POLICY:
- Parents are required to stay at the rink during the lessons. Our preferred viewing location is the lobby or the stands. We request that NO parents view lessons from the dressing room side of the ice surface, players box, penalty box.
- All amounts are in Canadian dollars and all transactions are done in Canadian dollars.
- Payment with registration only – cheque, credit card and debit. We do not accept Cash payment or AMEX.
Once a program has started – only credit card and debit are accepted for payment.
- Program cost is not prorated due to late registration.
- Registration Invoice payment must be received in FULL prior to the start of a registered skaters session or they will not be permitted to participate on the session.
- Prior to 48 hours of the start of a program refunds are issued for the full amount of the registration.
- Within 24 hours of the start of a program a non-transferable FAMILY credit note will be issued for unused time less an administration fee of $44.
- After a program has started refunds are only issued in the case of a medical situation which limits the participation within a program. A doctor’s note is required.
- Should the Milton Skating Club find it necessary to de-register a child, a refund will be issued after deduction for sessions attended and a $44 administration fee.
- All credit notes will expire ONE (1) year after the date of issue.
- The same skater must be registered for all 4 skating sessions – i.e., Quickstart, Fall, Winter and Spring.
- The season pass cannot be shared between any 2 skaters.
- One change per skater per session is allowed if space is available. No additional charge for moving to the next level or graduating to a new program.
- The Season Pass is NON-REFUNDABLE. If cancellation of the season pass is required, you will receive a credit on your account minus an administration fee and the value of the skating sessions that have been completed. Credits will be valid for 1 year from the date of cancellation.
- Transfers within a family will be accommodated within the same season registered, as long as space permits and a $35 administration fee is paid.
- Only 1 switch per skater per session.
- Switching skating nights can only be requested before the start date of the program or after Week 2 of that session.
- Switches are only accommodated if there is room for the child in the stage required of that day/program.
- No switches permitted in the last 2 weeks of the programs.
MAKE-UP CLASSES & CANCELLATIONS:
- Make-up classes will not be offered as a result of RAIN, SNOW OR OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER.
- Make-up classes will not be offered as a result of personal illness or scheduling conflicts.
- Milton Skating Club reserves the right to cancel any program due to insufficient enrollment. Upon cancellation, a full refund will be made.
- No make-up classes as a result of improper equipment.
ALL Milton Skating Club Recreational and Hockey programs (Pre-Canskate, Canskate, Special Needs, Pre-Power, CanPower, Adult/Teen and Parent and Tot programs)
- All skaters MUST wear CSA approved protective headgear designed specifically for skating. Non CSA helmets will not be permitted and the skater will not be allowed on the ice.
PARENT & TOT PROGRAMS:
- The same adult must accompany all Parent and Tot participants each week. Should there be a change in the adult participating on the ice, that adult must complete a registration form and registrant payment of an additional $44.00 is required.
- One adult is permitted to accompany one skater in this program.
- Parent/Guardian must be over 18 years of age and a proficient skater.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
In consideration of your use of the Milton Skating Club services, you hereby agree that the services are provided to you under the following Terms and Conditions, which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. You can review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at any time at: www.miltonskatingclub.com
2. Description Of Service
As used in this agreement, services means the online services provided by Milton Skating Club. The services currently include providing users with access to information regarding various programs, camps and other events, plus the ability to register and pay for the program online. As used in this agreement, (registrant) means the person designated to participate in the event.
3. Minimum Age; Parent Or Guardian
By using this service you certify that you are at least 18 years old. If the person who you are registering for an event is less than 18 years old, you certify that you are the parent or legal guardian of the registrant.
5. Member Account, Password And Security
You will receive a password and account designation upon completing our signup process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify Milton Skating Club of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. Milton Skating Club cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section
6. Release and Indemnity
On behalf of yourself, the registrant, and the registrants parents or guardians, you hereby release and discharge Milton Skating Club and the Related Parties listed below from all claims made on behalf of yourself, the registrant, and the registrants parents or guardians (and the executors, heirs, administrators, and assigns of all such parties) against all claims, demands, judgments, and costs (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or relating to the registrants participation in a program. Further, you agree to indemnify and hold Milton Skating Club and the Related Parties harmless from all such claims, demands, judgments, and costs (including reasonable attorneys fees) made by any third party arising out of or relating to the registrants participation in an event. For purpose of this section, (Related Parties) means Milton Skating Club and its directors, officers, agents, employees, and affiliates and other partners.
7. Limitation of Liability
Milton Skating Club shall not in any way be responsible for loss of property, damage or injuries to person, however caused, including participants while on the premises of the Milton Sports Centre.